Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Mix Tape for you, for Christmas

I have been terrible these past 2 weeks, and have not delievered a Mix Tape, and for that I am sorry, but you are getting a great Christmas present, you dear wonderful blog readers, some favorites from some friends I chose to give them to me...I also included the conversational emails I had with them over this subject, (because some were so precious), and a picture of them at their finest. I know, I know, best present this year...no need to thank me. ;)

I simply asked each of them what their favorite Christmas song was, and why it was that...I will go in order of the mix tape so as not to confuse you or anything.(Keep in mind, if you weren't asked it doesn't mean I don't like you or don't respect your musical taste, it was a random selection, maybe you will get chosen next)

My first response was from Becca McCall, Becca and I met our first year of college in Wisconsin, we also then continued onto PBU together and remained close friends. Becca has since married Matt,has 2 dogs,is a nurse, and a mommy to the most adorable baby boy, Noah,I have included my favorite picture of him too.

hi melis, i guess it is Mariah (c: because of the memories associated with it. i was just thinking of that yesterday! hope your having a good december!




Next up Mike Smiley...I also went to college with Mike, but I also worked with him when I was a social worker. Mike was the only male in the office and so he was tormented beyond belief, but well prepared for a future wife.;) Mike is an awesome guy with a kind heart. His birthday is today, Happy Birthday Mike!(David Hasselhoff is one of his favorites! :) )

Christmas song?? Hmm...
I'm a huge fan of "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" by Trans Siberian Orchestra
But I guess if you're talking an actually sung song-
White Christmas, because that is my dream every year, -a white Christmas.



Kellie Woods is a dear dear friend who I met when I was Social Working. Kellie is probably the nicest person I know, seriously. Kellie is married to Scott, who has since befriended my husband, she also has 2 girls Emma & Meghan who are friends with Kendall and Ethan, and a cat, Maggot. No really the cat is Maggie, and she really dislikes me, always has. So because of that, Lily is not allowed to be friends with her. But other than that, their little family has been great friends to my little family, and I am so thankful for that. Kellie will be listening to this mix in the middle of the night tonight as she wraps her Christmas presents, she always does this, and always has, I think I may be joining her this year...

Hi Mel,
Let's see my favorite Christmas song. That is a tough one. I really like that one song that you put on one of your Christmas CD's...the one with Sarah McClaughlin and I think Barenaked Ladies I can't remember what song it is, but I remember I really like that one. Maybe you will know what song I am talking about. Why I like it...well Scott and I both like it, I guess it just get's me in the Christmas spirit. Plus I really like Sarah.


Next up is Katie Drebes. I currently work with Katie, but have known her and bits of her family for a few years. Katie is such a sweet heart with an honest innocence that even though I tease her about sometimes, I really think is a great quality to have.

my fav christmas song is Chestnuts Roasting on a open fire because my dad always sings it to me during Christmas.


Now is Meggan Judge, I actually typed Green as her last name first, which is her maiden name and I have no idea why, she has been Meggan Judge for a long time now, and was in fact my first friend married and to have children, so the slip has no purpose. I met Meggan and her hubby Eric my first year of college also, that is where they met and their love story began. Meggan and Eric live in Alaska, that is where Eric is originally from. They have 4, thats right, 4 children, Noah, Selah, Jonas, and Ezra. You can read all about them on their blog which has a link connection on my blog. Just when you think you were cold or you wanted to complain about the weather, think of the Judges in Alaska, beautiful place to live, freakish weather.

my favorite christmas-y song is Just like Christmas by Low. It's on a mix tape a friend from high school gave me and I put it on when I am cleaning to get me in just the right mood. I like most any song with sleigh bells in the background.

My favorite hymn is What Child is This? cause the tune is Greensleeves, and my maiden name is Green, and I'm all about me. Seriously, though, Sufjan Stevens does my favorite version of this.


These next was chosen by my Aunt Amy.If I might interject here, many people chose O Holy Night, so I placed 3 different versions on the bottom, Amy was the only one who picked an artist. Josh Groban. Yes, I put Josh Groban on a mix tape I made, many know, I cannot stand Josh Groban, sort of like Clay Aiken they just bother me, and I know that is wrong with me, because I don't even know the guy, but I don't know, just something about them. But since she picked him, I must put him on...its Christmas, a good deed.

Amy is the mother of Brynn and Molly which I mention frequently on my blog, because Kendall and Ethan adore them. Yes, it could be weird to have an aunt with children the same as mine, but I think the Duggar Family will have it stranger. Amy has really always been more of a sister to me than an aunt, she is my Dad's youngest sibling, but I won't give away her age. Amy is married to Tim, and they have 3 kids, besides Molly and Brynn is their big brother Aidan, pictured below with Amy.

tough one!! I'm going to have to say it's a tie between have yourself a merry little Christmas because I've always loved that song and just reminds me of Christmas and all the big family parties. Oh and my favorite version is Luther Vandross'. The other one is O Holy Night. That just reminds me of being little and decorating the house because it was Pop-Pop's favorite Christmas song and I think we used to listen to a Johnny Mathis record of it. I like Josh Groban's version now. So that's it!!!


Next is my sister Michelle. Michelle is my youngest sister. She picked a good one, one of my favorites. Whenever I sing along to it in the car I wish that Andy would learn the guy part so that we can sing along to it. We would sound terrible, but that would be awesome. Michelle is dating an awesome boy, Brent, who my kids adore. He is quite simple with them, but they talk talk talk about him. 'Brent,' was one of Ethan's first words.I can post this hilarious picture of Michelle because she is my little sister and because I have normal pics of here somewhere on my blog.

"Baby Its Cold Outside" but it has to be the Margaret Whiting & Johnny Mercer version! Absolutely love this one and who wouldn't love this songs clever wit and sultriness!

My cousin, Erin. Erin will be 16 the day after Valentines Day, Kendall will turn 3, the day before Valentines Day. So more than likely they will have Happy Birthday sung to them both at family parties, forever, and I think they love that. Erin is the 3rd child in the Casey bunch. Our families are super tight, and in many ways Erin is more like a little sister than a cousin, and for that I am thankful. Erin is a beautiful girl who Kendall enamores. When we housesit for them Kendall just stands in Erin's bedroom doorway and stares taking in everything of which is a big girl. Love it.

lol sorry i didnt get back to you..
but i guess jingle bell rock idk why thouggh, it just makes me happy hah :]

goodness, isn't she lovely?


And then the 3 'O Holy Nights.' Besides my aunt, I find it ironic that the other two who chose this song seemed to want to give me a hard time about it...hmmm...

Ben Bailey chose the Mariah Carey version. No really, I could not find the one he wanted, and he said he liked them all, so here I chose Mariah for him. Ben and I also met at our first year of college in Wisconsin. Ben and I share the same birthday and both turned, 30 this year, ugh. Ben is originally from Georgia. So yes, he has a southern accent, and yes he is loud. I always think of southern people as loud, but I am loud and not southern, so whatever. Ben is very funny, and an all around great guy. I could say some embarassing stories about Ben back in the day, but I will save that for another time. Ben is married to Sarah, and they have a sweet little girl Sonya, and another babe on the way. Oh how we grow up.

Ben: my fav is o Holy Night
Me:if you don't tell me what version and why you picked it I will just pick mariah carey and write on my blog that you picked that version bc she is your favorite singer.
Ben:LOL It is my fav because of its speaks of the night our Savior was born and gives an interpretation of what it was like that night. I also love all the different arrangements of that song and the different artists that have sung it including Mariah Carey. My favorite version is by Shane & Shane. Hope this helps.



And lastly, Christine Keegan. Christine and I met in college also, and I also worked with her while being a Social Worker. Christine is one of those people who is sarcastic about 80% of the time, really. But she is quite funny about it, and it really isn't annoying like you might think. I think it must be the red hair, it just fits. Christine lives in China, yes China, with her hubby Josh, who is from Australia, yes Australia. They are missionaries in China, Josh's are missionaries in Australia. They have 3 children, Riley, Ari, and Sadie.

Christine:that is weird message and I'm not replying til you explain yourself. was this a mass message or something?
Me:you act as if i am asking for your social security number. it is a christmas song for crying out loud. i should have known you would interrogate and would be the only difficult one. i need to know for my blog. just give me your favorite christmas song and why.
Christine:ok, ok. "o holy night" because it has beautiful music as well as beautiful words and I don't think I ever tire of listening to it. I also think it could probably be sung by almost any artist and still be magnificent. Unless they couldn't hit the high note.
by the way... 642-94-9838. just kidding-don't try to steal my identity cause you'll be embarrassed.
merry christmas!!

Sadie was just born a little over a month ago, and this is a goodand recent family shot.(hence Christine in a robe) Note to pregnant women, women of thinking of one day becomming pregnant, or have given birth: Christine is a freak of nature, no one looks this incredible after giving birth and still in the hospital. ;) (that was a jealous compliment)

Merry Christmas to you and yours.


MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes


No comments: