Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If you didn't know Jack...

If you didn't know our canine friend Jack, then you really missed out.

Pardon the mole on his face that is what happens when we age, weird things pop up on our skin, it's lovely. What is going to happen to me? I started these spots at age 3? Regardless, They say, I don't know who 'they,' are but they say it anyway, that dog's age 7 times faster then us, so that made Jack 91 this year.

When Jack was brought home to live with Mom Mom and Pop Pop they say he was a tyrant, so much so, that when they read Marley & Me, they actually said they thought maybe the book was written about Jack. Jack was actually given up by his previous owners at 7 months because he was, 'untameable.' They missed out on a great dog, but we are so grateful.

I actually don't remember any of this insanity. To me Jack was always a faithful dog. Ok, so he was a bit a nuisance to take on a walk, he actually walked you, and you would holler the entire time for him to slow down, and your arm and shoulder would be sore for days, but that is besides the point.

Jack was the first to greet you when you rode up the drive to the farm, and the last to see you out as he followed you to your car.

Most recently Jack took a particular liking to my little boy, it must be true when people talk about the relationship between a little boy and his dog. Although Jack was not Ethan's, he still followed him around when he was there, slept on the floor of whatever room Ethan was napping in, and was Ethan's loyal companion on the farm.

So Jack will be fondly missed.

Kendall says that he is barking in heaven at us to come play.

Thanks Jackie for being such a good friend, we will miss you.

'I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that.' ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i loved jack! i am going to miss him.